Disc Return Idler For High Sticky And Abrasive Material
|Product application||Disc Return Roller with PU Rings|
|Width of belt||1400mm|
- Wood chips, hog fuel, and lime mud have a wide range of moisture content that changes from season to season and even day to day, becoming carryback that can build up around the conveyor frame or stick to other conveyor components like idlers. Build up on idlers can cause the idlers to seize and the belt to mistrack. In both cases, this often leads to belt damage and spillage, meaning more cost, safety hazards, and more time spent cleaning up the mess.
Build up on idlers
Primary belt cleaner have not checked the tension recently
Carryback building up on walkways below or piling up to the belt
- Using return idler with PU rings have longer lifetime due to less contact with the belt
- Another misconception that needs to be addressed is under-tensioning the belt cleaner. Improper belt tension can contribute to a number of different issues and is no better than over-tensioning the belt cleaner. The lack of tension on the belt cleaner blades can result in chatter or bouncing of polyurethane or metal blades. This bouncing can drastically reduce the blade’s lifespan as well as increasing carryback in the conveyor system.
- A secondary cleaner is installed against a roller close enough to the primary cleaner that the material is returned to the main material stream. Additional secondary cleaners can be added for final cleaning.
Using return idlers with PU rings
Make the adjustments of belt cleaner tension
A secondary cleaner is installed can added for final cleaning
- Once the lagging was installed, both the slippage and mistracking issues were resolved. Another result that was unexpected from the site was the longevity of the lagging given the harsh Bottom Ash material being conveyed. The ceramic lagging service life is much longer than the rubber lagging in this application.
After adjustment , the primary belt cleaner can effectively removes more material
The polyurethane discs avoid the build-up of material that can be deposited onto the roller surface
Secondary Conveyor Belt Cleaner is to remove fine and sticky materials from the belt at the point of discharge
You don't have to clean it as often, it's helpful to spend that time on other tasks!